Monday, January 17, 2011

Tabularasa.

What is the simple life to you? 

Is it living away from the city working in some farm ala Paris Hilton in her reality show with the same name as my blog? Or is it not wanting luxurious things, being low maintenance?

Myself, I seem to have different standards of what 'simple' is with different facets. Some things can be simple yet complex at the same time – a sensible paradox. As I grow older each year, I have come to aspire for precisely this class of simplicity.  (Hopefully I do not sound like a prude here.) Of course now and then I like a little frou frou. 


Then again, what does it matter of our earthly definition of what simple means? Jesus is the perfect example of the simple life.

Anyway, The Fiancé fell ill two days ago. And he still managed to surprise me with a box of donuts. Dunkin Donuts to be exact.

So to return the favor I made some chicken… tomato… soup? Honestly I have no idea what I cooked up. I didn’t start of wanting to make this dish the way it turned out to be, rather, I wanted to make chicken soup. This turned out to be better. There wasn’t any stock or water involved, I let the chicken simmer in the tomato (since its contents are mostly water) for about 1.5 hours. So now it’s all moist and tender. 


And I smell like tomato chicken.



Also, here’s a picture of the pecan tart I was talking about in the last post. Deliciousness, innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment