Tuesday, July 03, 2012

A Dog Story

Okay, first of all let me begin by saying I'm allergic to dogs.

So you can imagine that no dogs have been allowed near my side since I was really young. Growing up, I'm used to dogs being put outside of the house so my thinking was that dogs belong outdoors. I didn't even know there was a difference between indoor and outdoor dogs until yesterday, Some people may think this is ignorance, but I simply grew up in a different culture and I'm not a dog person. Me being allergic to them doesn't help either. 


I'd always thought that taking care of a dog is simple - as long as there's food, water, shelter, regular checkups and love, they will be fine as they're tough animals. But not so much anymore after an incident two days ago.

On another note, it amuses me that some Americans are such avid pet lovers that they'd freak out over an honest mistake - to the point where they don't even give you a chance to explain your side of the story, instead, assuming you're a horrible person who is blatantly irresponsible and cruel to animals.

That aside, I looked into the Bible to see if it says anything about dogs, and all pets/animals for that matter. Unfortunately not much is said except that we humans have dominion over all the creatures of the earth in Genesis and that dogs/animals don't go to heaven.

So let me end by saying that I don't hate dogs, because hating them is hating God's creation, but I just prefer not to take care of one. Except maybe a Husky, which I know involves a lot of work. I should start with taking care of a fish first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment