Monday, July 30, 2012

The City that Never Sleeps

I have lived at about 15 different addresses in major cities of different countries. My accent is a little messed up because of that, haha. I have to keep switching accents depending on who I speak to, although my Australian accent is completely obliterated thanks to living in the States for four years now already. Now moving to the UK isn't going to make it any better on my already-weird accent.


As I get older, packing my bags and leaving to a new country excites me less and less - maybe I finally just want to settle down. My wanderlusting days may be coming to an end, perhaps after this one last big move. But then again, as someone wise said to me, our home is not this earth. We cannot make any of our addresses permanent, we are only traveling in it for a short amount of time before returning to where we truly belong. 


As I listen to Ruby by Foster the People, I somehow feel like the song is a little about me (songs have the amazing capability of doing that to ya) and that everything will be alright. I have God and he will always, always be with me til the end of my days, when I finally stop traversing this earth. That's a comforting thought, the only thing that keeps me constantly going.


Goodbye New York, and all its inhabitants. I didn't miss Kansas, Kuala Lumpur or Australia much when I left, in fact I couldn't wait to leave, but I'll truly miss this city that never sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment