Saturday, March 31, 2012

Let's talk thongs.

Not the underwear variety, but I mean flip flops.

Flip flops are my staple come summer. The kind I like is simple, and narrow at the toe area. I, being the cheapskate that I am, have always opted for $2 flip flops that can be found in Old Navy stores. However they are highly unconfortable, cuts into my skin and always leave striation marks (from it digging into my skin). At the end of summer, my feet usually looks like it's been through war.

I usually just ignore it and continue to wear them the next summer around. But this year, my body is showing signs of wear and tear. Yes, not even 23 and I have the body of a 50-year-old. My hips have been hurting a lot, my lower back occasionally too. My pelvis gets stiff and suffers from bouts of agony too.

It is time to do something about it. It was hard to justify spending $18 on a pair of flip flops (and this is after a 25% discount), but that's what I did. The whole time I kept thinking, "I could buy a dress with that money and keep using my lousy thongs!" (like that is going to help my back and hips at all). For me, flip flops are petty things that should not cost more than a couple of bucks. Eyes averted from the screen, I quickly pressed "Place Order" before I changed my mind.

Well my REEF Ginger thongs arrived today. And it's worth every last bit of the $18 bucks I spent on it. It has a wonderful arch support that my hips will thank me for. It's so soft, yet sturdy. Its tag even says that it's "ridiculously comfortable". Reviews online say it lasts for 3 years, and that's good enough for me. It is simple, and just how I like it. Bonus - these make my feet look dainty.

I'm sold to pricey  but good-for-body thongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment