Wednesday, July 18, 2012

YES TO CARROTS


So some of you may know that I'm an organic junkie. I love using organic products but somehow never got on the train of using them on my hair. My hair is super easy to take care of - I literally just wash and go, but lately it has been going through a dry spell. I'm not sure if it's because summer's here and perhaps it's taking a toll on ma' mane.

I don't like fussing over my hair - it's the one thing I'm very low maintenance about apart from my body, as in I don't slap on a thousand products on both my hair and body, I don't suffer from body acne or anything like that. It does fine with whatever I use so I kinda never give it love. I treat both very harshly, in fact. I find it painstaking to slather, exfoliate and moisturize, never spending more than 10 minutes in the shower. I really don't know why people take so long to shower! All you gotta do is put soap, splish splash - done! Anyway, today I took my time. I actually scrubbed and pampered myself, even sang a little song and did a little dance. Yeap. Still only took 13 minutes, haha. When you're feeling brave, you should tell me what you do in there for an hour, ladies.

Eventually the dry hair spell got to me. My ends were looking like straw so I got them snipped off. I also gave in to using organic shampoo and conditioner from the YES TO CARROTS/TOMATOES line. Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate or SLS found in most non-organic shampoos apparently strips the hair off its natural oils and is the same thing used in laundry detergent. They aren't that pricey at all, only a coupla bucks more than your usual Pantene. Better still, they are like 17oz bottles (translates to huge) and will last forever.

My hair is screaming for attention and I will give 'em some for now. When they behave again, maybe I'll go back to my old ways still continue using the YES TO CARROTS line :) 

The verdict? Shinier, healthier hair, more peace of mind not putting harsh stuff on my head. Woot!

I'm sold.

(btw I just bolded some words to make your reading easier, if you don't have the patience to read every word)

No comments:

Post a Comment